Mission & Purpose
The Focus of the WCEF is:
- To provide grants and scholarships to promote educational opportunities for youth pursuing a career in an equine-related field.
- To support and collaborate with therapeutic riding outreach programs and services.
- To support organizations working directly with equines impacted by natural disasters.
- To expand the opportunities available to youths in their equestrian sport.
WCEF in the Community
Therapeutic Riding & Equine Rehabilitation Programs
Veterinary and Equine Disaster Relief
Community Youth Programs
- Pony Club
- Foothills CDS Junior Program
Scholarships – More than $170,000 in scholarships have been gifted to deserving and hardworking students pursuing equine-related careers. Scholarships are given to first year college student as well as those already pursuing a college education.
Youth Horsemanship Challenge – The Youth Horsemanship Challenge is held during Spring and Summer Gold-N-Grand and El Rancho Cutting Futurity. During these shows, youth ages 6-18 participate in a horsemanship challenge. The goal of the Youth Horsemanship Challenge is to promote horse health, the humane treatment of horses, and horsemanship knowledge among our youth.
The West Coast Equine Foundation is committed to the betterment of the equine community through scholarships & grants supporting a variety of equine health & youth programs.
The West Coast Equine Foundation is a registered 501c3 charity.
Tax ID #68-0068098